Responsibility belongs to us
In 2012 Parla parquets produced by Parla Floor Oy were certified (PEFC/02-31-197). Along with certifications we have committed to sustainable forest management and use.
Wood raw material has unquestionably a better environmental impact than competing materials. Environmental impacts are based on forests being a renewable energy source and sustainable forestry. The raw material used in products marked with PEFC comes from forests that are managed by following sustainable forest management and the origin of wood raw material is controlled with monitoring system.
The principles of our environmental policy:
- Diminish the amount of pollution and waste already during the production.
- Sort waste and find them use. Take care of waste handling and disposal safely and responsibly.
- Encourage and educate staff to continuously put effort to environmental issues.
- Create and stabilize cooperation of environmental and security issues with neighbourhood, customers and other stakeholders.
- Favor suppliers and contractors that take care of environment responsibly.
This certificate certifies that the origin of wood raw material conform to the requirements of following standards.